Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Using plagiarism as a prompt

OKAY


Apparently I'm story line challenged. I'm so stupid I'm incapable of making up a story. Maybe this is all about my subconscious not wanting me digging around and uncovering stuff. So fuck it. I'm FINALLY going to start my first shitty novel draft by plagiarising.  


I'm going to step in Peter Hoeg's footsteps and follow him line by line. Then make  changes, throw in stuff that interests me (aliens, vertical gardening, telepathy) and see where it goes. And NOT think about the finish line yet. NOT think about how lame and ridiculous and boring my effort is.  Just see if an alternative story starts to rise up. 


At least I'll be writing SOMETHING - and hopefully learning more about novel structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment